What Are the Benefits of Using IP Based KVM?
In server room racks that are inconvenient to store multiple monitors and keyboards,so network KVM switches play an important role. The IP-based KVM switch can monitor and control multiple computers and servers locally or remotely. The KVM console composed of keyboard, mouse and display screen is the most convenient and economical solution.
1. What is an IP-based KVM switch?
IP-based KVM switch is mainly applied to securely get access to computers, servers and other devices from local or remote users through a console consisting of a set of keyboard and mouse by network.
The IP-based KVM switch is also known as the multi-computer controller. IP based KVM system can control unlimited quantity of computers or servers with simple operation interface, both in local net and outer internet . The control port of the IP-based KVM switch is mainly used to connect the USB port of the keyboard and mouse and the video port of the monitor, while the communication port like RJ45 port connecting to network switch by CAT5, CAT5E, CAT6 cables.
2. The advantages of IP-based KVM switch
(1) It can save the space of monitor, keyboard and mouse. For example, an 8-channel IP-based KVM switch can control 8 servers with a set of mouse, keyboard and monitor.
(2) Improve operational efficiency. In the past, when a fault occurred, people needed to actively search for the fault, which not only took time and energy, but also had a low efficiency. Now, IP-based KVM switch can control all the machines, which not only saves manpower but also improves efficiency.
(3) Savr cost. Reducing the consumption of space and manpower can save a lot of cost, and controlling the cost of network operation is one of the key factors for the success of an enterprise.
(4) Local or remote management. Using the IP-based KVM switch for local or remote management can ensure 24-hour uninterrupted management and maintenance of the network, also the security and stability of the network.
3. Scope of application of IP-based KVM switch
The IP-based KVM switch uses CAT5/5e/6 cables to connect servers,which supports a local user and a remote user to operate multiple servers at the same time anywhere in the world, also supports mutual sharing of resources between local channels and digital channels. The flexibility of the IP-based KVM switch is enough to meet the needs of multi-computer and multi-server applications in any home office, small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as small and medium-sized data rooms. With its ability to connect servers using CAT5/5e/6 cables, an IP-based KVM switch allows for simultaneous operation of multiple servers by both local and remote users globally, while also enabling resource sharing between local and digital channels, making it an ideal solution for various applications such as home offices, small and medium-sized enterprises, and small to medium-sized data rooms, especially when integrated with an IP video wall controller for enhanced control and visualization capabilities.